Sisterhood Of The World Award
I was totally made up to be nominated for a Sisterhood Of The World Award by the nothing less than fabulous Tracey from The Anxious Dragon blog! Thank you Tracey! If you aren’t familiar with Tracey’s blog, do pop over and take a look, for a range of amazing blog posts, great linkies, hilarious banter, and possibly more than a few mentions of dragons…!
The award is passed from blogger to blogger, and is a great way to get to know each other, and find other bloggers!
1. Thank the blogger who gave you the award, and link back to their blog
2. Answer the 10 questions given to you
3. Nominate a further 10 bloggers for the award
4. Write 10 questions for those nominees to answer
5. Display the award on your blog, or post!
The questions I was asked, and the answers I have given…
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging for so many reasons!! Becoming a full time mum had made me feel lost. I felt I had lost my identity, and my voice. I wanted a place where I could be myself, and express my own opinions. I was also shocked by attitudes and judgment towards parenting-I needed somewhere to rant about this! I had also suffered post natal depression and anxiety, feeding problems, and feelings of general insanity that being a mum brought. I wanted to show others that may have been experiencing the same-that they weren’t alone. I also LOVE to write, so, from all of that, it seemed blogging was the best thing for me to start doing!
2. What are you currently reading?
OK Magazine if I get 5 minutes?? I used to be a massive reader, but since the children happened, reading fell massively down my list of things to do… I usually favour TV boxsets, as they require less concentration! The last book I read was The Cuckoo’s Calling by Robert Galbraith (really JK Rowling using a pseudonym,) and it was amazing!!
3. When and why did you last cry?
When I read Agent Spitback’s latest blog post The Christmas List. It was so beautiful, and reminded me about a dream I often have of my Nan… She died just before I graduated from university (something she really wanted to hold on for, and something I really wish she’d seen,) and I often dream that I’m stood in the garden of her old house, and she comes to the upstairs window and waves to me. The post reminded me of her, and that dream.
4. What is/was your nickname and why?
I was called Locket by my family when I was little. This was started by my Nan, who always called me Lucy Locket.
5. Who was your first pet?
A hamster called George. He lived for a whopping 5 years, which I’m sure must be the equivalent of 152 in human years, and must break some kind of hamster longevity record.
6. What is your most unusual talent?
Errrrr, since I first read the question, I knew I was going to struggle with this one!! I can’t think of anything unusual, apart from maybe my ability to drink and not get hungover??! The children arriving, and wine consumption increasing, mean my immunity to the stuff has peaked!! Sorry, I wish I could come up with something really awesome!
7. What sort of house do you live in?
An Edwardian terrace. Although in my dreams I live in a chateau in the South of France.
8. Who is your current crush?
Ooohhhhhhh, such a toughie!! I have so many!! I’ll list the main ones! Gabriel Macht, Keegan Allen, Tyler Blackburn, Ben Bass, Patrick Dempsey, Norman Reedus, Jensen Ackles… I think the top spot is a tie between Gabriel and Norman (but he’d have to change his name though, should he choose to hunt me down and an affair begin.)
9. What would be your perfect date?
A long walk around my favourite parts of the city (preferably in winter so that I can wear some of my favourite accessories like hats/scarves/oversized coats,) followed by cocktails, followed by dinner in a really good restaurant, followed by a couple of episodes of something really good on tv at home… All with
Norman Reedus/Gabriel Macht, I wouldn’t really be fussy
10. What are your favourite chocolates?
Those Lindt truffle filled ball thingies. Lush.
Now that I have answered, here are my questions for my nominees…
1. What is your biggest blogging highlight so far?
2. What is your favourite city in the world?
3. What are your top 3 tv series of all time?
4. What did you want to be when you were growing up?
5. If you could go back to being a certain age in your life, what would it be?
6. Who is your favourite comedian?
7. What was the last thing you saw at the cinema?
8. What has been the most romantic moment of your life so far?
9. If you were to blog about another subject, what would it be?
10. Snog, marry, avoid: Mr Bloom, Andy Day, Ben Cajee (google them if you don’t know who they are!)
I hope you guys all want to join in, but no worries or pressure if you don’t want to! I will look forward to seeing your answers!!